Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#1 04-30-13 1:24 am

bob_2

How clean should Church member books be kept

Recently I read this letter to the editor of Adventist World. I did not go back and retrieve G.T. Ng's interview by Bill Knott, but wondered how the readers here felt about the subject.

More Harm Than Good?
I was saddened to read G. T. Ng’s counsel on membership auditing in the interview by Bill Knott, “Membership Audit Is a Redemptive Process” (December 2012).

Is there ever a time, even after a year of visiting, when we should approach nonattending church members to inform them that their names will be removed from the church records? Is there ever a “need” to take their names off the church records? Surely, only if lapsed members approach the church and request that their names be removed, that member must otherwise remain on the books and, more important, on the hearts and in the prayers of the whole church concerned.

I don’t recall the prodigal son being given a year to return home. We could do more harm than good in an effort to keep our church books tidy. I thank God for His records.

Tina Bunker
Devon, England

Last edited by bob_2 (04-30-13 1:27 am)

#2 05-01-13 1:23 pm

tom_norris
Adventist Reform
Website

Re: How clean should Church member books be kept

Bob, please post up the original article.

#3 05-01-13 8:05 pm

cadge

Re: How clean should Church member books be kept

Board footer