Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#1 01-16-10 8:35 pm

bob_2

21st Century Dating - Does it Exist?

Twenty-first Century Dating - Does It Even Exist?

http://www.adventistreview.com/issue.php?issue=201 0-1501&page=14

According to this post-undergrad, there is no 21st Century dating. The significant other comes from:

1. A group of good friends, a relationship that evolves to a significant other.

2. Adventist or non-Adventist - how much compromise is ok?

Interesting article but I still remember dating my now wife at vespers. Boy did it make me feel old, or at least disconnected and puzzled for the current groups going through college, Adventist or non-Adventist universities.

Question, do you want to marry only an Adventist or do you want to be happy in a Christian marriage, or just happy in a marriage? [Who am I talking to, here at ATomorrow? Hello??]

#2 01-16-10 11:00 pm

admin
Administrator

Re: 21st Century Dating - Does it Exist?

Yup, still exists. My wife and I weren't friends, though we knew who each other were since we were nine. It wasn't until the second half of college that I started talking with her. We dated for a while, and now we've got a 2 1/2 year old son and another on the way.

Answer to your question: What about "Do you want to be happy in an Adventist marriage?"? I didn't set out to marry an Adventist. After dating various non-Adventists I naturally gravitated towards someone who shared the same background as me. I assume it is easier to be happier with someone when both of you come from some sort of common ground (I leave this intentionally vague). But, I can't speak for anyone else here, of course.

I don't know you're talking to. Hi.

(Message edited by admin on January 16, 2010)

Board footer