Adventists for Tomorrow

Our mission is to provide a free and open medium that will assist individuals in forming accurate, balanced, and thoughtful opinions regarding issues within and without the church.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Due to a large increase in spam, I have frozen forum registration. If you are new to the site and want to register, e-mail me personally at vandolson@gmail.com. Thank you.

#1 08-15-11 3:57 am

bob_2

Wilson Issues Call to Evangelism, Faithfulness at ASI Meeting

In this Review article, Ted Wilson says the following: http://www.adventistreview.com/ under Church News on the right column:

He [Wilson] added, “But who are the remnant?  The remnant of her seed, God’s last day church, will consist of people with two characteristics: those who keep the commandments of God and secondly, they have the testimony of Jesus Christ.”

Keeping the commandments, Wilson said, means keeping all of them, including the Sabbath command. Sabbath-keeping is a testimony of faith in God and in creation versus evolution, he added.

The other characteristic, a church that has “the testimony of Jesus Christ,” is reflected in God’s gift of the Spirit of Prophecy writings by the movement’s co-founder, Ellen G. White, to the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Wilson said, “Revelation 19:10 tells us plainly that ‘the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.’ Here we have a clear indication from the Bible that the remnant church will have a special voice that God will provide which is the Spirit of Prophecy.  … I believe that God spoke through Ellen G White as a fulfillment of Revelation 12:17 to provide God’s instructions to His last-day, remnant church.”

Points from this article:

1. The remnant church, Wilson says will have two characteristics:
    a)Keep the commandments of God including the Sabbath
    b)They have the testimony of Jesus Christ, reflected in the Spirit of Prophecy writing of EGW, cofounder of the SDA church

2. He quotes Rev 19:10 :

Revelation 19:10 At this I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers and sisters who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For it is the Spirit of prophecy who bears testimony to Jesus.”

a) What is the "testimony of Jesus" . Is it not the Gospel??

b) What is the Spirit of Prophecy: Is it EGW as Wilson says?

Note the following version of this text (New Century Version):

Revelation 19:10 New Century Version (NCV)

10 Then I bowed down at the angel's feet to worship him, but he said to me, "Do not worship me! I am a servant like you and your brothers and sisters who have the message of Jesus. Worship God, because the message about Jesus is the spirit that gives all prophecy."

So if the Message or Testimony is the Gospel, the Gospel has the spirit that gives all prophecy. Not EGW, correct???

Before Ted Wilson became President he wanted to distribute Ellen Whites Books which he is doing with the Great Controversey.

Read the article for yourself at  http://www.adventistreview.com/article.php?id=4628

Then read this official document of the SDA church: http://adventist.org/beliefs/statements … tat24.html]

Last edited by bob_2 (08-15-11 6:29 pm)

#2 08-15-11 6:25 pm

bob_2

Re: Wilson Issues Call to Evangelism, Faithfulness at ASI Meeting

Reading this article brings back memories of growing up.

I use to say, "Hey how'd that happen. John the Revelator knew the Adventists were going to have the Spirit of Prophecy? How coincidental that EGW books are referred to as the Spirit of Prophecy. We have the truth, no other church does."

Trouble is, "the testimony of Jesus" is the Gospel, and "the message about Jesus is the spirit that gives all prophecy." That puts a different spin on things, eh. Does anyone believe that no one read this verse before naming EGW's books??? Anyone, Anyone, Anyone????

It finally came to me as a growing child, that the SDA Church made the prophecy of the Spirit of Prophecy come true by them naming EGW and her books knowing this verse. That's not the way prophecy works by naming things that God has predicted would come true.

Last edited by bob_2 (08-15-11 6:33 pm)

#3 10-16-11 5:07 am

cadge

Re: Wilson Issues Call to Evangelism, Faithfulness at ASI Meeting

Well, it's like Mormonism's claim, Bob2. It's "another testimony of Jesus Christ" Problem is the extra Biblical teachings; the externals that are taught to be salvific.  A claim to have "new light" which brings upon the assembly of believers, exactions which either cannot, by the Bible, be substantiated or are in contradiction to New covenant revelation. Or worse yet, to treat these writings as the infallible word of God. There was only one given the Spirit without measure; Jesus. John 3:34. He's the Last day Prophet. Hebrews 1:1,2. The last day Elijah will be Him working through the "sons and daughters will prophecy" of Joel 2:28. It will be during the time of trouble as Earth's final call to accept the offer of mercy, the gift of repentance, and the power of God to overcome inherited and cultivated traits.

Board footer